Lead Software Developer (Backend)
Aerial WiFi Motion Analytics is growing, and we’re looking to add a Lead Software Developer (Backend) to our team in Montreal.
You will have the opportunity to join us at a very impactful time, and help us develop a new and exciting technology that has the ability to change people's lives all over the world!
As a Lead Software Developer (Backend), you will play a pivotal role in defining and building our innovative WiFi sensing solutions. You will lead the definition of our system architecture and participate in the development of our new platform.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Architect and develop our cloud-based services while ensuring reliability and scalability
- Provide technical leadership, vision and mentoring for the team
- Work closely with the research and product management teams
- Guide and support the DevOps practices
- Design and implement great features and high-quality code
- Take an active part in the agile software process
In order to be considered, you must have:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience designing and developing backend services for a SaaS product solution.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in software development or architecture roles
- Experience designing and building highly scalable services controlled via REST APIs
- Familiarity with Amazon AWS services
- Advanced-level experience with Nomad or Kubernetes orchestrators
- Proven experience working with these technologies: Stream/Queueing (MQTT, Kafka), databases (SQL and NoSQL), cache systems, Web frameworks (Flask, Django), Load balancer/proxy, Container systems
- Developer level Linux platform experience,
- Solid grasp of software development fundamentals (system architecture, algorithms, data structures, OO design, problem solving) and software product life cycle
- Knowledge and experience with Python, and optionally C/C++ and Go
- Must have a good understanding of software testing concepts
We’d also love it if you had the following (though not required):
- AWS Certification
- Knowledge of Machine Learning and AI
- Familiarity with agile development and tools such as JIRA
- Experience with IoT services and/or AWS IoT
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The opportunity to join an innovative team focused on one objective: to become the global standard for WiFi motion detection.
- Being an active participant in the growth of a Montreal-based AI start-up.
- An employee stock option plan.
About Aerial - Help us put WiFi to work.
Aerial provides a unique cloud-based solution that leverages existing WiFi infrastructure and AI to give meaning to motion. We aim to become the wireless standard for smart motion detection through continuous innovation, passion, and inventiveness for the smart home, home care, security, healthcare, and hospitality applications. Based in Montreal, we also operate from two regional offices in the USA and Europe.
What comes next?
If you think this challenge is right for you, we encourage you to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer, and should you require any special accommodation during any phase of our selection process, please contact email@example.com.