Aerial is looking for a Scrum Master to work with our development teams and the product owner. In this role, you will support our Agile software development life cycle and the execution of our projects that span a large range of technologies from mobile applications, to cloud-hosted artificial intelligence services.
We are looking for an expert on the Agile processes and associated tools. As such, you will act as a coach for the team on the scrum and Agile principles and you will strive to bring continuous improvements in these areas.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Help teams in their adoption and adherence to Agile methodologies and drive process improvement
- Coach and train the teams, product owner and involved parties within the Scrum principles, in order to deliver high-quality features
- Facilitates backlog grooming, sprint planning, retrospectives, daily scrum, and sprint reviews
- Through efficient collaboration with technical leaders and the product owner, you will foster an environment in which the team can increase productivity, quality, and predictability
- Participate in the coordination and collaboration between teams by assisting the identification of user story dependencies between teams; therefore, encouraging cross team communications and alignment
- Take ownership in resolving impediments to help the team, eliminate roadblocks and create focus on accomplishing goals
- Ensure that sprint results and team performance is communicated accurately
In order to be considered, you must have:
- Minimum of 5 years working in agile software test and development and at least 3 years as a Scrum Master within a small organization.
- Deep understanding of common Agile/Lean engineering practices and software development processes and procedures
- Experience working in an environment utilizing SAAS technologies
- Extensive experience with issue tracking tools (JIRA preferred)
- Familiar with Team Collaboration software such as Confluence
- Proven facility to interact with and understand team members and exceptional emotional intelligence
- Ability to identify team impediments and proactively find solutions on-the-fly
- Proven capability to handle multiple parallel priorities and objectives at once
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent both in French and English
- Enthusiastic attitude, inspire others to deliver value and to work as a team
We’d also love it if you had the following (though not required):
- Certified Scrum Master or PMI ACP certification
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of the team technologies such as Python, AWS, C
- Understanding of IP and wireless networks.
- Basic understanding of AI & Machine Learning
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The opportunity to join an innovative team focused on one objective: to become the global standard for WiFi motion detection
- A user-oriented team that lets you learn, innovate and share
- The chance to make a difference within a fast-paced organization
- Being an active participant in the growth of a Montreal-based AI start-up
- An employee stock option plan
About Aerial - Help us put WiFi to work.
Aerial provides a unique cloud-based solution that leverages existing WiFi infrastructure and AI to give meaning to motion. We aim to become the wireless standard for smart motion detection through continuous innovation, passion, and inventiveness for the smart home, home care, security, healthcare, and hospitality applications. Based in Montreal, we also operate from two regional offices in the USA and Europe.